Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Networking / Why your wireless-first network needs smart wired infrastructure
« Last post by Brian Dao on April 21, 2015, 03:33:27 pm »
Why your wireless-first network needs smart wired infrastructure

By Gladys Alegre-Kimura, Global Product Marketing Manager, HP Networking

Mobility and business have become inseparable, transforming the way work gets done. Employees demand unlimited device choice and access, forcing IT to support a variety of hardware and operating systems. Many employees are using two or more devices every day, including desktops, laptops, smartphones, and tablets, and increasingly they?re using bandwidth-intensive rich media applications. The network is groaning under the pressure.

With the Apple watch and other wearables now arriving on the scene, the number of devices attempting to connect to the network will rise still further, exacerbating the problem and eventually degrading user experience.

Source: Why your wireless-first network needs smart wired infrastructure
Networking / Drive your data center into high gear with HP LAN/SAN
« Last post by Brian Dao on April 21, 2015, 12:02:07 pm »
Drive your data center into high gear with HP LAN/SAN

By Ahmad Zamer, Sr. Global Product Marketing Manager, HP Networking

Ahmed Zamer.pngJust a few more days before Interop 2015 gets underway in Las Vegas, and as is my usual custom this time of the year, I?m preparing to talk about one of the new trends in technology: LAN/SAN convergence and what it can do for your data center. I will be delving into this topic at one of the popular HP theater booth sessions; I?m scheduled at the HP Booth, #1527, for 2:30-2:45 p.m. on Wednesday.

Let me give you a brief preview, especially in terms of describing the benefits of this new trend...

Source: Drive your data center into high gear with HP LAN/SAN
Interop highlights: Pinning down BYOD; mobility beyond smartphones; smart wired infrastructure

If you?re heading to Interop 2015 in Las Vegas next week, you might want to mark your event calendar for these headline sessions:

Source: Interop highlights: Pinning down BYOD; mobility beyond smartphones; smart wired infrastructure
Networking / Is there a ?killer app? for Software-defined Networking?
« Last post by Brian Dao on April 20, 2015, 06:29:33 pm »
Is there a ?killer app? for Software-defined Networking?

By Srujan Sama, SDN Product Marketing Manager, HP Networking

We?ve seen some discussion in networking forums about what could count as the ?killer app? for Software-defined Networking ? i.e., what would be the one application that drives it into the mainstream, much as word processing did for the personal computer back in the eighties? NetworkComputing?s Richard Kagan suggested that it might be Big Data here. Others have pointed to unified communication and collaboration tools like Microsoft Lync (Ron Irvine makes a good case for Lync with SDN here).

Thinking in terms of killer apps is a valid way to look at SDN. At the same time, it?s also a good idea to look more broadly at what SDN can do for today?s networks.

Source: Is there a ?killer app? for Software-defined Networking?
What if you could provision new networks in minutes instead of hours or days?

by John Gray, Data Center Marketing Lead, HP Networking

John Gray.pngYou can probably spin up virtual machines at the drop of a hat using simple software configuration tools. But when it comes to your network, changes require reconfiguring switches, routers and firewalls. Config files are complex, and a single configuration error can damage your entire network. Managing your network becomes a bottleneck. But what if you could spin up a network the same way you spin up a VM, using software tools that manage the network configuration for you?

Source: What if you could provision new networks in minutes instead of hours or days?
Berger Health System says goodbye to Cisco, hi to future-proof networking

Mary Gabra.jpgBy Mary Gabra, Senior Global Manager, Customer Excellence

One good sign that a health organization ? or any organization, for that matter ? is functioning well is that its staff are happy with the tools they rely on. Take Berger Health System, for example. ?Our nurses are happy, and that?s a good thing for everyone,? says Andy Chileski, CIO, talking about Berger?s network infrastructure and its transition from Cisco to HP Networking. ?They know they?re spending less time waiting for applications and data, so they can be more responsive to patient needs.?

Source: Berger Health System says goodbye to Cisco, hi to future-proof networking
Yes, your Cisco network will work just fine with HP gear: here?s the proof

By John Gray, Data Center Marketing Lead, HP Networking

John Gray.pngOne thing that I often come across when I?m out there talking to network leaders is the idea that you can?t slot HP gear into a Cisco-based data center network without causing problems. I?ve always argued that, given the bedrock reality of HP?s commitment to open standards and interoperability, this is just a misperception. And now I can share some new research that should dispel that idea for good.John Gray Cisco.png

Source: Yes, your Cisco network will work just fine with HP gear: here?s the proof
Networking / School district gives HP Software-defined Networking solution an A+
« Last post by Brian Dao on April 14, 2015, 11:18:45 am »
School district gives HP Software-defined Networking solution an A+

As SDN gains traction and the use cases multiply, more and more organizations are proving that it's every bit as powerful as its advocates claim. I came across a great example in this recent NetworkWorld article: School district gets an HP SDN makeover to address wireless growth, security problems (requires free registration for the complete article).

Source: School district gives HP Software-defined Networking solution an A+
Blueprint for a simplified, unified network: an architecture guide for HP Converged Campus

Nobody could accuse networking of lack of innovation these days. The challenge today is to integrate and manage a host of new bandwidth-hungry technologies like BYOD, universal communication and collaboration, cloud drive downloads, and the new 802.11ac wireless standards.

The way forward is a simpler, unified network. For an overview of what that would look like, check out our Architecture Guide: Designing the HP Converged Campus Network

Source: Blueprint for a simplified, unified network: an architecture guide for HP Converged Campus
Networking / HP brings Converged Campus Network elegance to upscale fashion chain
« Last post by Brian Dao on April 03, 2015, 06:56:38 pm »
HP brings Converged Campus Network elegance to upscale fashion chain

By Mary Gabra, Senior Global Manager, Customer Excellence

Here's how HP helped Breuninger, one of Germany's leading fashion retailers, to create a stylish and upscale customer experience at its eleven stores and online outlet.

Source: HP brings Converged Campus Network elegance to upscale fashion chain
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]